Corona Art Association
Corona Art Association
Bill Gorajia, Treasurer: 951-751-0541 (cell); 909-975-4890 (home)
522 Corona Mall
Corona, CA 92879
Arts Alive Board * Bill Gorajia * Treasurer
In 1960, Dominick Frasciella and Maxine Piester envisioned starting an art group. To that end, they gathered together 17 other artists and called the new group the Corona Art Guild. Three years later, the name was changed to the Corona Art Association and has remained the same for the last 50 years. The purpose of this organization now is to encourage and develop the appreciation, study and practice of the visual arts and to further educate, inspire and enrich the lives of others through our programs, exhibits and activities. We are very fortunate to be in our present location as it allows us to hold our meetings, demos, workshops, receptions, and the luxury of hanging our art for extended displays.
A member of the Arts Alive the CAA promote art in the community and provide opportunities for individuals to learn about the visual arts, enhance creative skills through classes and demonstrations, and by participating in art shows and various community events.
Membership is open to anyone interested in learning more about the visual arts and promoting and advancing the role of the arts within our community.
The Corona Art Association is actively involved in exhibitions at the CAA Gallery and throughout the community. The Corona Art Association sponsors six major art shows throughout the year which are open to the CAA members.
The Corona Art Association awards four or more (depending on donations received) scholarships every year to four graduating seniors from the Corona-Norco Unified School District. Each scholarship recipient receives a $500.00 scholarship.
Our Monthly General Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at the Gallery. The General Membership Business Meeting is from 6:30 – 7:00 PM (also take in for the Popular Choice).The Art Demonstration is from 7:00 – 9:00 PM with a break around 8:00 PM, for the opportunity drawing and announcement of the Popular Choice art work winners.
Board of Director Meetings
The Board of Directors meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month.
Current Art Classes:
- Multi-mediums - 16 yrs and older : Mondays 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM Call Mary Lou Wallace Supplies Provided for Beginners. $60 for 4 weeks. (951)735-9777 for registration.
- Special Needs adults: Tuesdays 9 - 11:30 AM Diane Archuleta (951) 737-6064 (No Charge) Children’s Art: Mondays 3:20 PM - 5:00 PM $60 for 4 weeks. (Supplies Provided)
- All Mediums - 16 yrs and older: Thursdays 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Bill Gorajia (909) 975-4890 All Levels - $60 for 4 weeks.
- Fabulous Friday Art Projects for Kids 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM Painting Teacher - Mary Lou Wallace Supplies Provided for Beginners. $5 per class No need to call for registration.
- All Mediums - Children From 7 - 13 years; Lavina Blossom (951) 776-2819 Saturdays 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM ($15 per session - Materials Included) Lori Alarcon (Alternate Teachers)
Open Gallery Painting – 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM – On Sundays, the Gallery is open for free sharing in all mediums. Bring your art supplies and paint with other artists.
Gallery Location and Hours:
Our gallery space is located at 522 Corona Mall, Corona, CA 92879. We display art in the gallery and also hold meetings, classes and workshops in the same space. We are conveniently located in Downtown Corona near the intersection of W. 6th Street and S. Main. Our Gallery easily accessible from Main St.exit of the 91 Freeway. The gallery is open to the public free of charge. The gallery is staffed by volunteers and is open Friday and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and is also open to the public during artist receptions, special events and meetings.
For more information please contact Corona Art Association, P.O. Box 1171, Corona, CA 92879, call (951) 735-3226, Visit CAA Gallery at 522 Corona Mall, Corona, CA 92879, visit CAA website Coronaartassociation.org, or email email@example.com.
- “Summer Daze” Themed art as well as non-theme show on display until September 17, 2016 at the Gallery.